Yes, we are curling this season -- make sure you're part of all the fun!
Registration deadline for the fall session is September 28, 2020.
The club needs a firm commitment of numbers and payments before we undertake the expense of installing and maintaining the ice.
Some important changes for the 2020-21 season:
- Separate registrations for the fall session (October 13 through December 18) and winter session (January 4 through March 12).
- COVID cleaning fee of $10/curler if you curl once/week or $20/curler if you curl twice or more/week. The fee is to help cover additional supplies and labour for required sanitizing, and it will be charged each half. For Corporate League, there will be a $40/team cleaning fee for each half.
- No refunds of any fees if the season is interrupted and club closed for COVID or other reasons (this includes league, Curl BC/Curling Canada, cleaning and membership fees). This helps us share the risk of reopening and potential losses given the fixed costs of operating the ice rink.
- If there is not sufficient registration by September 28 to install the ice and start the season, any fees paid up to that point will be refunded.
- No club equipment supplied at league draws. Curlers will need to bring their own brooms, sticks, grippers, sliders and/or stabilizers. If you don't have equipment, you can rent or buy it through the club:
- Rent equipment to use for the entire fall session: broom $12, stick $12, stabilizer $10, gripper $5, step-on slider $5, or $28 for a package of needed equipment. Click to download the equipment rental agreement. Cathy and Walter have volunteered to run the program, and the rental form includes contact info for Cathy for more info or scheduled pickup times.
- Purchase Goldline equipment through the club: call our sales volunteer Marc at 250-689-7355 to find out more.
- No lockers for rent in the fall session.
- Volunteer requirements (4 hours or $80 opt-out payment) are temporarily suspended until bonspiels, programs and other events resume.
- However, we are tracking volunteer hours this season and volunteers will be credited for their hours.
- We still need our volunteers to keep the club running so thanks to everyone for helping out!
Current league fees and membership rates are outlined in the registration forms below.
For curlers over 18 years:
For curlers 18 and under:
For Corporate League teams: