Share your love of curling by helping others learn the game!
The club is hosting a 2-day Curl BC workshop for our volunteers who want to help out in introductory curling programs like learn to curl sessions and our junior, school and Special Olympics programs. Previous coaching and/or curling experience is not required.
The club will reimburse the cost of the Club Coach Course ($157.50) for our volunteers who take it. We just ask that you contribute 4 hours to related club activities (beyond the regular 4-hour volunteer commitment).
You can find out more about the course on the Curl BC website: https://www.curlbc.ca/programs/club-coaches/
And you can register for the Club Coach Oliver course here: https://curlbc.wufoo.com/forms/x17gcjh607vn7jt/
The workshop includes about 14 hours of training, much of it off the ice. You will learn about:
- making ethical decisions and emergency action plans
- volunteer recruitment and recognition
- curling techniques, skill analysis and strategy intro
- starting a junior program
- coaching teams to their first bonspiel
- working with special interest groups ... and lots more!
For participants from out of town, stay at the Coast Oliver Hotel and get 20% off the daily rate. Find out more: Coast Oliver Hotel event rate